Online continuing education has become very popular in the recent years and many people especially those working find it more convenient. Online education has help many professionals develop their careers and also acquire new skills. Online continuing learning is taught through internet and the learning material is imparted through videotapes, CD-ROM material and broadcast programming. Online learning is also delivered by the use of conference type group study. Students can interact online through groups that have similar interests and are able to discuss and exchange knowledge and ideas. These online groups are very important in sharing information and new findings.
• SKILLS ADVANCEMENT: One of the benefits of online education is that one can improve his/her skills in a current job. Necessary job skills do change over time and therefore one must continue learning in order to be prepared for any changes. Online education helps the employees to upgrade their skills and knowledge and at the same time receive the benefits of getting promoted.
• OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN NEW SKILLS: Online education is very useful for those employees planning to switch careers or looking for cross functional skills in their current job. This form of learning has also made it easier for employees to further their education without having to quit the job. For those who are interested in joining different careers online education is very critical in helping you to acquire the necessary skills.
• CONVENIENCE: With online learning, you can study at times of the day when it is convenient for you. This gives employees opportunity to balance their workload and other commitments. Online learning requires good management of time and commitment. This convenience gives those studying online a chance to even pursue degree courses easily.
• CONTROL: Apart from time management the learner will have more control in the learning process. This means that the learners will learn at their own pace. They will have more time to concentrate on areas they have difficulties in grasping. Courses that you know well you can complete them first and concentrate on hard ones.
• CONNECTIONS: Online continuing education courses are very interactive and you can get feedback from other students or lecturers and at times individualized attention is available. Learners are also connected to students from across the globe and this enhance their learning experience unlike traditional classrooms. Online learning gives the learner an opportunity to have all learning material at their computer and this make it easier to access this material when communicating with fellow students or lecturers.
• AFFORDABLE: Online continuing education is affordable compared to traditional courses. Learners will save money on books, travel, accommodation and food. This form of education allows you to continue with your lifestyle while learning.
• COMMITMENT: Online education will enable the learner become more self -motivated and learn how to commit into something and follow it through. Online learning makes you responsible since there are no teachers or fellow students to push you to work or attend class discussions. Learners have to decide when to complete the assignments and when to study for examinations.